Study Spanish in Argentina
Study location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Duration: One semester
- Semester: Spring/autumn
- Credits: 30 (15 + 15) ECTS equivalent
- Examination: Examination in Argentina/academic paper
- Programme fee: 7500 euro (6500 excl. accommodation)
- State loans: Yes, in most European countries
- Includes: Accommodation
- Language of instruction: English/Spanish
- Academic prerequisitions: University eligibility
We help you to choose the level of Spanish
- Beginner - Spanish 0
- Intermediate - Spanish 1
- Advanced - Spanish 2
Spanish makes up half of the semester. You select among the following courses to make a full time semester:
When you learn Spanish in a Spanish speaking country the course literature and the use of the new language is a part of everyday life. With a little initiative and determination, you learn to speak the language fluently.
Seminar Teaching is done in groups, organized so that the students can practice the language both orally and in writing. As part of the course you will also visit local organizations. Part of the courses are also given in lectures.
Grammar classes are mainly lectures in Spanish and English. The lecturer is for the moment Norwegian.
The most important part of the study is probably the time you spend to get into Argentine society and the everyday conversations with the people around you.
Our Spanish studies are academic and gives credits equivalent full-time studies at home. It is in other words not a regular language course, but a program that (if you choose further specialization courses) can give you qualifications to teach Spanish.
To get a better understanding of the level of the different courses and what suits you best, you can take our diagnostic tests.
Students are recruited mainly from Northern Europe. We also have Argentinian students on the programme.
Students come from different backgrounds, both academically, professionally and personally, to the benefit of interesting discussions. About one third of the students come directly from upper secondary school, one third are in their early bachelor degree, and the last third are seasoned students.
The structure of the semester
- Self-study period: before you travel to Argentina, you are expected to get acquainted with the subject and to write a short assignment.
- Three weeks Spanish pre-cours, mandatory for beginners
- The main period: consists of four months of lectures, field trips, seminars, written assignments, oral and written exams in Buenos Aires.
Thrives among language rebels and aestheticians
— In Argentina nothing is written in stone. You are free to make changes, or you can take the liberty to make changes. In certain cases this is also reflected in the language, says Spanish teacher, Jørgen Mossefin Ruud.
Full academic year
Would you like to take a full academic year with Spanish, you can continue on the next level in Argentina, or you can use the time between the semesters to practice Spanish while back packing your way through Latin America to Costa Rica where you continue the Spanish studies.
This course can be included in a university or university college bachelor or as part of an Argentinian bachelors degree at Universidad de San Martin.
Spanish is the second largest mother tongue language in the world, the second largest second language and the third most used language on the internet. You will not regret that you learned a language spoken by 500 miljioner people.
From beginner to Spanish teacher
As Hanne Tjersland traveled abroad with Kulturstudier she didn´t speak one word of Spanish. Fascinated by the language she ended up teaching Spanish at both secondary - and high school.
The application process
To apply for the courses you must be eligible for university training.
Fill in the application form. If there are still places available we will send you an offer with an invoice for the deposit of 250 Euro. By paying the deposit you confirm your place on the programme. Leading up to the start of the programme we will keep you informed about the preparations for travel and studies.
Why study Spanish in Argentina?
- You can practice your Spanish as much as you want
- You get the experience of living in a Latin American country
- You meet people who have a very different background than your own
- You learn that Europe is a society with a peculiar culture
- The curriculum gets closer to your own experiences
- You feel that you can master new knowledge and new environments